Once upon a time, there was Foresta Lumina…
Through its strategic planning the PARC DE LA GORGE DE COATICOOK’s, Board of Directors and management established a precise objective which was creating an innovative project highlighting the natural environment of its canyon.
As part of Coaticook’s 150th anniversary celebrations, in 2014, was conceived this unique experience, today renowned as Foresta Lumina. Conceptualized by local people involved within the park they called upon MOMENT FACTORY to physically elaborate their thoughts. The renowned company originally from Quebec specializes in the animation of public spaces.
Investing in an already attractive product, night hiking, we bring innovation within the Eastern Townships, positioning ourselves advantageously at a provincial level. Our main concern being to preserve the Park’s natural wealth, each zone was perceived to harmonize with nature, this last one is by far the great boss of the concept. Nature initially dictated the creation and the choice of both technologies and installations used within each zone. The main objective being to honor its beauty through lights for visitors to discover its magical beauty at night. Upon exactly the same areas of the canyon, daily visitors are not able to suspect that its forest comes to life at night.
This project is of great importance to the local region of Coaticook, as it required a major investment. On the other hand, Foresta Lumina has aroused great enthusiasm and rendered excellent collaboration among local and regional partners.
Awards and Recognitions
Tripadvisor Traveler’s Choice, 2020
Certificate of EXCELLENCE – TripAdvisor Canada – 2018, 2019
Best Quality Leadership Award presented by the European Society for Quality Research (ESQR) – 2018
Winner of the “Prix coup coeur du jury” at the event “Salon des meilleures pratiques d’affaires” organized by Mouvement québécois de la qualité
- Canadian Tourism Award – Finalist in the innovation category 2015 & 2016
- THEA AWARD, 2015 “Interactive International Attraction of the Year, Limited Budget” awarded by Themed Entertainment Association in California. An international recognition honoring excellence and major innovations under the entertainment industry theme
- Coda Work Award, 2015. Highlights design projects that demonstrate most successful integration of art in an interior, architectural, public space.
- Grand Prix Numix Innovation of the Canada Media Fund 2015, and “Cultural Production – Immersive Projection” by the Multimedia Producers’ Association
- Gala Reconnaissance Estrie 2015 / “Non-profit organization”, awarded by the Sherbrooke Chamber of Commerce.
- Coup d’Éclat Awards! 2014 / “New original product or activity – Tourist Attraction or Corporation”, awarded by the Société des Attractions Touristiques du Québec and Festivals et Événements Québec.
- Mérite estrien 2014 – Caroline Sage / “Business and Development”, awarded by the daily La Tribune.
For further information, interviews, press releases, pictures and / or videos, please contact us at 819 849-2331 or at email@example.com.